I checked out the photo package online and saw it was $149 for 10 pictures plus a bonus one. As I had never sailed Norwegian, I ran to the Facebook cruising groups. I found out each picture was $24.99 each. There was mix information on if you also received a flash drive with digtal pictures on it.
I decided on the package so I wouldn’t have to pick and choose. I was imagining get a ton taken and being overwhelmed with my beauty.
Not the case.
Norwegian doesn’t start taking on ship pictures until the second day. They were spread over floors 6 and 8, including a stair and the chandelier shot. There were 3 others available with them changing nightly.
We got dressed up and headed out excited. I became disillusioned quickly when I realized the photographers were just random staff. One was being trained by a supervisor right before our turn!
I also could tell how they posed me, they were not going to be great. I am used to Carnival or Sears, where I feel slightly uncomfortable and they make the best photos.
Pros of Norwegian photos
- There are 3 packages to meet your needs. We got the lowest.
- The photo center is nice! Everyone gets a color and number on their card. Find the coordinating folder and poof, there are your photos.
- They have a nice digital system where you can enlarge pictures and put them next to each other. We had two that were similar so I blew them up to see which of our faces I liked better.
Cons of Norwegian Photo
- I was super disappointed with the quality. They seem overall blurry. (Plus the outfit I thought would be so cute was so not.) I will let you be the judge.
- The flash drive is extra. It was either $49.99 or $14.99, I got two different answers or I misheard. I probably misheard. Someone please correct me!
- The price… $24.99 for one 8×10?!
- You can check photos online, just not on the app. You have to go through a back website. I only know this because a button was on the internet login page and was not announced anywhere.
- The staff didn’t seem knowledgeable in the photo area.
Overall, if you want photos, get the package. It will save you $130 or more to buy beforehand. Take some every evening, as backgrounds and photographers shift.